I love all food, all-year round…but there is just something special about fall food. In my house, it’s more than just the arrival of all things pumpkin spice – we must also honor and celebrate APPLES!
As you may have seen on Instagram, I ❤ apple picking and we recently came home with a big bag of gorgeous red delicious apples. I made my favorite apple cake and apple cinnamon bread – and I’m sharing that recipe with you in portable muffin form! It’s nothing fancy, but that’s the beauty of fall. There is a rustic, cozy vibe about it all and I am pumped it is finally here. Yay for fall baking!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 apples, finely diced (peel them first if desired)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the topping:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine cinnamon and brown sugar for the topping. Set aside.
- Stir to combine the dry ingredients (wheat flour, white flour, and baking powder) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and white sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until well mixed.
- Beat in 1/2 of the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of milk until combined. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and milk.
- Fold in apple pieces.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Spoon topping mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.